Worldwide EMR Action Day aligns with Earth Day to protect the biological integrity of the natural world and all its inhabitants against unnatural Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR). With this endeavour, people from around the planet join together to reduce harm from EMR and create a healthier life for all.
Man-made EMR is the only hazard that reaches every square centimetre of Earth’s surface at every moment, harming people, animals, insects and plant life. Electromagnetic pollution has been imposed upon us by military and industrial interests, with devastating health, environmental and social consequences. From microwave (MW) and radio-frequency (RF) radiation to extremely low frequency (ELF) fields, sources include:
- so-called ‘smart’ utility grids, meters and appliances
- wireless internet (wi-fi), wi-max and their infrastructures, at ground level and in the atmosphere
- mobile phones and their antenna infrastructure on masts, rooftops and in disguised structures
- cordless phones and their bases
- microwave oven leakage
- baby monitors and children’s RF-related toys
- RF medical devices
- RFID-embedded chips in people, animals, consumer products, and identity and credit cards
- direct-energy and other EM weaponry
- TV, radio and satellite broadcasts
- radar and sonar
- the electrical power grid, appliances and broadband over power lines (BPL)
- fluorescent lights, including compact fluorescent lightbulbs (CFLs)
You can read more about this event here. You can also visit their Face Book page here.
I wonder what the effects of minor amounts of EMR are. Scientists still haven’t proven that cell phone signals affect biodily function. However, with increasingly powerful devices and increasing device density per sq km…will anything change?